Saturday, May 12, 2012

SURPRISEEEEE!

Today started off as a really sucky day. By 5:30 PM, everything was a million times better. My sister and eldest brother had come home. I only saw my brother for about 10 minutes before my sister and I left home to go to Roma's. She had told me ahead of time that we were going there for my birthday. I honestly just thought it was going to be the two of us, but I was suspicious because so many hints were dropped. All those hints went over my head. 

My sister and I sat outside and waited until the first person showed up. I understood exactly what was happening when the first person, Deepak (Tomy), arrived. Until then, I was pretty clueless. I didn't even realize who else would be there. Those other very important and special people being: Casey, Haley, Taylor, Alley, Gee, and Tianhui. I was surprised, so surprised, and very happy. We had to wait a while for the table, I mean there was 9 of us in total so of course it took some time. 

Tonight was special in so many ways. I got to spend time with people who I really admire and care about so much. I haven't had so much fun in a long time. I'm not a very funny person so I'm glad my sister was there to help everything along. So many laughs, so many smiles, so much conversation about so many random things. We took some pictures so that we'd remember this night, or rather so that I would remember tonight. I think that's what made tonight so wonderful. Tonight was like the sweet 16 celebration that I didn't have. I'm glad I had this celebration at 17.

Tonight made me realize that I don't want to worry about the future or where we're going to be in five years. That's not to say that I don't care, but even if I lose touch with these friends, I think I'll be okay. I think the realization has sunk in entirely, at least I hope it has. I don't want to forget tonight or the friends I have. I'm just happy that they're mine. I had a lot of fun tonight. I hope everyone else had fun too. Even if they forget, I promise to remember. I promise to think back to this night and smile. 

A few side notes:
-Amazon is awesome (I finally understand that...thanks Deepak (Tomy))
-I hugged everyone tonight (It would never be complete if I didn't) 
-I like hugging people :)
-Deepak (Tomy) is too tall
-My sister is beyond hilarious
-My friends are amazing and I love them them sooooooo much :)
-I didn't really explain in depth what we did or what happened but that's okay because I'll remember :)

No comments:

Post a Comment