Monday, May 28, 2012

Houses

So yesterday was officially my first BBQ of the year. It was at my brother's house and it was only close family. I have to say that it was a great time. The food was good, as expected. My sister made chocolate covered bananas and strawberries (or as my father pronounces it: stawberries; where the 'r' goes, I have no idea), which actually turned out nicely. I only tried the choco bananas though; it was too much chocolate but still a creative idea. 

My brother's house is really gorgeous. I think it's a pretty big house. I mean it's bigger than the house I've grown up in and currently live in, not to mention that it's in much better condition because it's new! The living room area is nicely furnished and everything matches so well. A lot of the furniture is different shades of brown and tan. Not to mention, there's a really big TV, which Farah (my brother's wife) is quite proud of; HD TV man, I'm just not used to it. The master bedroom is huge; there's two closets, a bathroom, a huge bed (of course), and plenty of space to roll around. There's two other bedrooms upstairs, one is blue themed. The other one, which I got to sleep in, was green; I felt kind of bad for sleeping there because it all looked so neat and lovely, I just didn't want to mess up the way it looked. There's a computer room and a hall bathroom upstairs too. There's a huge bookcase thing in the basement that I really love. Someday, I'd like to have that much space for books. There's a lot of mint outside in the back and it tastes amazing. I haven't decided if it tastes better than the mint we have growing at home. Not much of a backyard, but still enough space for my brother's niece and nephew to run freely in, if they so choose. This is all kind of irrelevant information, but I figured that I should at least try to describe the house. I'll take pictures and just show what it looks like instead of trying to describe it. 

We were watching House Hunters earlier today. People are extremely picky with the house that they want to buy. I don't understand why when all houses seem to look so nice, not to mention that these houses were worth over a million! Crazy people! I guess I won't understand until I have to buy a house...well, if I ever buy a house that is. I don't know what the future holds in store for me. I might just end up mooching off of Casey. In fact, that's the plan. She'll get married to a rich guy, live in a nice house, and pay my medical expenses. We've honestly planned out our future like that, to the point where it could very well stop being a joke and become reality. It'll work out perfectly.


No comments:

Post a Comment