Monday, May 14, 2012

Hugs

I kept thinking about hugs today and this past weekend. I've realized why I like to give and receive hugs so much, but more so receive than give. 

Hugs, just like smiles, are a language of their own in my mind. Hugs are just as good as words when expressing an emotion or feeling. When someone who is close to you passes away or when you're talking about something that makes you tear up, hugs are a source of comfort. The other person is letting you know that you are not alone. When you're happy or excited, hugs are a way of voicing that openly without having to speak. 

And now for my favourite, hugs give off a sense of security and protection, and they can convey your love for people (when you're being sincere that is). Whenever I hug my father, my brothers, my uncles, or even my boy cousins, I feel so safe, I feel so protected. Some of my taller friends are kind of awkward when it comes to hugs so I guess you could say that I fear for my life...just kidding! My taller friends that aren't so awkward to hug give me that same feeling, that same sense of security and protection. 

Also, until yesterday, I never realized that when you hug a tall person in the right way, you can hear their heartbeat (which I learned today is actually their valves closing, haha). I have to say that I've never paid attention or even bothered to listen to anyone's heart until yesterday; it felt nice to hear the other person's heart beating. When I heard the other person's heart beating, it made me want to hold on longer just so I could listen more. What can I say? I like hearts and hugs. If you know me then you understand why I like both so much.

This is probably one of the only reasons as to why I don't mind being short. I'm all in it for the hugs, and your heartbeat if you're tall enough...which most people usually are. 

HUG MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :D

1 comment:

  1. "I never realized that when you hug a tall person in the right way, you can hear their heartbeat." I am totally borrowing that. I never thought of it that way!

    ReplyDelete