Monday, June 11, 2012

Passionless

Passionless
adjective
not feeling or moved by passion;  cold or unemotional; calm or detached 

I keep thinking about this word: passionless. I feel like a passionless person, but not by the given definition. I am passionless in another way. 

I don't have a great love for anything. I sometimes wonder if I even have actual hobbies or if I just partake in certain activities because my boredom gets the best of me. I am honestly a boring person. 

I enjoy music. I'm drawn to it by sound and/or meaning. I'm not passionate about it though. Slowly and ever so slightly though, I'm becoming more interested in it. I want to learn how to play an instrument, particularly the piano. This is partly due to a friend, a very good friend.

The same goes for writing. Writing is a nice way for me to express myself. I like the way certain words look and sound. There is no passion there though. I don't write as often as I used to, which is probably why my vocabulary is so plain and lacking. I guess I gave up on writing.

I don't even think that I have a passion for the medical field. While it does amaze me, I don't think I love it. Maybe I did at one point. I have friends who would gladly argue with me on this. I've always spoken of becoming a doctor. As a result, I've kind of brainwashed myself into thinking that's my destined career. 

I'm not a very passionate person in this sense. This is what makes me boring. I don't have anything that I really love to do. *YAWN* I'm bored...

EDIT: This is for you, Claire. I enjoy anime and reading like I do music and writing, but not to the point where it is a passion. Maybe they used to be passions, but not anymore. 
 

3 comments:

  1. are you passionless because you think you are? I am passionless because I don't reach out for things I can grow a passion for. I almost purposely box myself in and make that idea of passionlessness a reality.

    I do agree music is awesome (I don't need to explain further).

    writing, hmm. Writing seems too robotic for me. I write not as I would write, but as I would want to read. This disparity is too
    much, which makes me not want to write.

    We are asians and are told we are going to be doctors. No fun in that. We have volunteered at the hospital, didn't look too exciting. No brainwashing allowed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about reading and anime?
    Sometimes I think the same thing about myself (that I don't have anything I truly care about.) Maybe we both have a too dramatic idea of "passion."

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very passionate. You have a great love for people - emotions, connecting and relationships (friends, family etc). And you're damn good at it.

    ReplyDelete