Tuesday, August 7, 2012

If You Give a Rabbit a Car...

Does everyone remember If You Give a Mouse a Cookie? If you don't know what I'm talking about, go read it; it's a children's book so it won't take long to finish. Back in elementary school, we had to write our own versions of it. I always laugh at mine because it's so ridiculous. I guess I was a funny kid sometimes. 

If You Give A Rabbit A Car
     If you give a rabbit a car he will ask for the keys to the car. If you give him the keys he will start to drive it. if he starts driving he will crash the car. When he crashed the car he will ask to be taken to the hospital. When he is at the hospital the police come and ask him if he has any license. He will tell them he has no license then he will tell the police that you didn't take him to learn how to drive or to get his license. When the police find out you didn't take him to learn how to drive or get any license they will sell your house and take you to jail. When they take you to jail they say you will be there for 2 years then they ask the rabbit if he wants to learn how to drive. He says yes he wants to learn how to drive a car so the police take him to learn how to drive their car. When they teach him how to drive a car and he gets his license you get out of jail. When you get out of jail you give the rabbit a car to drive.

Props to you if you were able to get through that. I will remind you that I wrote that in elementary school, which is why there are no commas. It's also why it doesn't make much sense, but that's why it's so funny. I hope you didn't suffer too much!

I always wanted to rewrite this...so it had proper punctuation and correct grammar. I never got around to it and probably won't. It's better to leave it as is. The more I look at this, the more I realize that I was kind of an odd child. The idea of the rabbit crashing the car was and still kind of is funny to me. Part of me doesn't like that I find/found it to be funny, but I can't help that I find/found it to be funny. I like how the house gets sold, hahaha.

I was such a weird kid. My sense of humor was strange, and still is.

No comments:

Post a Comment