Thursday, September 19, 2013

"Normal"

When did this become my "normal"? And by this, I'm referring to college. I can't pinpoint the moment when it happened. How did I come to this level of acceptance? 

Once upon a time ago, my "normal" was high school. Those hallways that I once knew so well are being replaced; I'll always know my way around Sherando, but I never thought I'd figure out my way around SU. The people I saw each day or every other day, they're not the same anymore (with the exception of one person). And me, I'm falling into place somehow. SU is becoming my "normal" now.

Suddenly, I've started to look forward to seeing people at SU. I look forward to their kindness, their smiles, their laughter, their voices. I look forward to being around them and spending time with them, even if it's just because we have a class/lab together. I look forward to conversing with them, learning about them. I look forward to someday becoming friends with some of them rather than just being acquaintances or classmates/labmates.

If you can't bring yourself to love the place you are at, bring yourself to love the people and you'll begin to love the place too. I'll be honest. I've started falling for these people who are around me. And as time passes, I hope I can finally get to the point where I can wholeheartedly say that I love SU as well. For now, I'm learning to love it, but I need a little bit more time before I can say it to myself and believe it. And maybe someday I'll love walking to HHH, but probably not.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you ended up liking it in some way. I had a feeling it would happen. :)

    ReplyDelete