Friday, June 21, 2013

Life Among The Stars

Call me what you will, but I believe in aliens. No, I don't have some crazy story to spin for you. It's just a simple belief, a small sliver of hope that I hold onto. I think it's arrogant and ignorant for humans to assume that we are all that exists in the universe. I will never stop believing in all of the possibilities that exist out there. There is intelligent life out there. We are not alone.

Sometimes I wonder if there is some alien civilization that is out there watching the human race. I've thought to myself, they can see us, but we can't see them. I've wondered why they won't reach out to us. And I ultimately came to the conclusion that they might be horrified by some of our actions, how easily we are willing to kill and hurt each other without remorse. In that same note, there must be some civilization that thinks we're funny creatures because we have emotions, because we can feel. After all, we are very odd beings.

Every now and then, I toss my hopes to the starlit night and wish for some kind of a sign, for some contact. Then I smile sadly to myself and remember that contact probably won't occur in my lifetime, but someday far out there it will. And these words of mine won't sound so bizarre. Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment